Friday, April 9, 2010

my 40th week!

well... my last week already! could be today, could be another month if im 3 weeks late. everyone keeps asking me, how much longer? i know its sweet, but it does get old! time is still going at a good pace for me! yesterday was actually the first day i felt really prepared and ready for the baby. i dont need it to be today, but im finally at the point where im really ok if it is today! we have everything i think we will need, and we feel ready for the Lord's will. it is easier said than done though! we will see how much i really want it to be here when things get hard! but i dont want to focus on the hard parts! i want to embrace the good and focus on the end results! try to stay spiritual and close to God through it all! i think after this post i will start the first load of baby's laundry. i wanted to save that chore for an early labor project, but thought just in case i have the baby faster than i anticipate i will still have some clean clothes ready! we have our scale, measuring stick, string for the cord, new bottle of olive oil, cloth diapers, breastfeeding bras, pads, and ointment...and anything else im missing. garret and i feel confident in how to lean on each other and what tools and techniques we can use during labor! my sister plans on coming up maybe after this weekend unless i start feeling pains. and i have had a lot of comfort from those that have prayed for me. i know many are praying in their closets for me, but those who have got down and laid hands on me have really comforted me! it makes me realize how close it is and how much i will really need to trust in the Lord! i know i will be busy after the baby comes, and my sister in law jen is right behind me! but we will try to get out baby shower invites to everyone! i hope to have it a couple weeks after or so, just depending on how i feel. nothing new this last week for me, i still feel good and my work outs are going great! its nice to have my mom here! she is such a help and comfort to me! here are some pics of easter, and then some pics from our confident birth classes! keep me in your prayers! love you all








How your baby's growing at 40 weeks:
It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

2 comments:

  1. We will continue to keep you in our prayers, you have looked really great through out your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting is always hard. I hope he/she comes soon and i pray you have a swift delivery. I've had two very different experiences giving birth. Both times i felt as if the Lord was standing and walking with me each step of the way. He spoke to me in the still small voice in the moments i needed to hear it. Its a very precious experience <3 I can't wait to hear your testimony!

    Your in our prayers

    ReplyDelete

hey, thank you for leaving a comment! love you guys <3