Friday, August 21, 2009

i wouldnt call it morning sickness



the past few days i have been feeling what most people know to be a stomach ache. its not too bad, but enough to make me uncomfortable. i looked it up online and they siad it is morning sickness. also my uterus is already growing and pushing everything else that has been just fine the way it is for the past 20 years out of the way. so im thankful it hasnt made me sick to the point of vomiting yet. but that could come in a week or so. my need to eat as often slowed a little. i still get hungry just not as much and not as often. that makes me feel better. i feel a huge lack of energy though. i thought i would be the type to push through it and ignore the tired and lazy feelings. but they are getting the best of me. i have to force myself to wake up in the morning to work out. and my work outs are pretty good. as long as i listen to my body. but when i get home i just want to crash on the couch and stay there till garret gets home from work. thats a scary thought. but i try to just take small brakes, or a nap throughout the day and i can manage to keep house and do all my normal tasks. but im looking forward to getting my energy back soon. i had my aunt and uncle (my dads brother) from washington come last weekend. they stayed the night on their way to salt lake to see their daughter, my only other girl cousin on my dads side, who is also pregnant. and they gave me a bassinet that my dad slept in when he was a baby! its so cute and has so much value to me. and they also got me a big bag of the sweetest baby clothes , and my aunt made me a blaket and matching burp rags....she is the best! so it feels more real now, and its begining to look like a nursery. cant wait for more to come!




Your pregnancy: 7 weeks


How your baby's growing:

The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point than the tiny, pudgy extremities you're daydreaming about holding and tickling. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry.

If you could see inside your womb, you'd spot eyelid folds partially covering her peepers, which already have some color, as well as the tip of her nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of your baby's brain are growing, and her liver is churning out red blood cells until her bone marrow forms and takes over this role. She also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid in digestion. A loop in your baby's growing intestines is bulging into her umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from her tiny body.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your morning sickness stays the way it is, and doesn't get any worse...That would be a huge blessing. What a neat gift to have your dad's bassinet. I am sure that will be very special for you. Well hope you are having a great day...if you ever get bored send me a text and we can get together...I am pretty much always up for anything...ttyl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift! The tiredness will wear off and soon you'll have your energy back. I do hope you don't get full blown morning sickness. It really isn't fun =(. With my first pregnancy i couldn't look at any meat, let alone cook it for dinner. It made me so sick to my stomach. Once i got into the second trimester it went away. Love you sis! Your in our prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dad's bassinet is such a precious gift. I remember when I was pregnant with our first baby that My dear Mother-in-law came over with a box full of my Husbands clothes from when He was a baby. It was such a sweet gift to hold the things my sweetheart wore!

    ReplyDelete

hey, thank you for leaving a comment! love you guys <3