Friday, March 19, 2010

37 weeks! FULL TERM

wow. i cant believe it is so close! it could happen any day now, or still be weeks away! i try not to think too much about it being now. but its kinda hard not too! i dont feel that different, but just knowing im full term sounds so weird and makes me wonder, what if, every day! im not in any hurry by any means tough! my mom wont be here till the 1st! but thats right around the corner! they baby keeps growing and getting bigger inside me, and i dont seem to be growing at all now! im happy, but its weird! harder kicks to the ribs, and stronger punches to my bladder and cervix! that is never any fun, but it is sweet knowing that the baby is strong and active! here are a couple pics of garret and i in our confident birthing classes! we are doing wall squats to try to breath and cope thought the pain, and then garret is massaging me afterwards! he is such a sweet husband! i feel so blesses to have him! soon enough i will be blogging about life as a mother! we are so excited!




Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.) Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

4 comments:

  1. Awww its sooo close now. Just a few more weeks! Really hope it goes by fast for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts because we are due at right about the same time so I am right there with you. I was so excited to hit 37 weeks and be full term!!! I am hoping to go early though because its my third and I am ready to have him out!!! We will be praying for you and I can't wait to see you sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked @ that picture of you guys doing your squats & I totally remembered that...it hurt so bad!! I'm getting excited for you guys, just stay busy these last few weeks so you aren't on "count down" like I was...haha It drove me crazy going soo late with Z!! We've been praying for you : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the cutest pregnant girl!! I think you and garret are sitting the lowest on the wall squats LOL. I can't help but to be SO excited for you! God bless you in the days ahead :)

    ReplyDelete

hey, thank you for leaving a comment! love you guys <3